Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Need A Vacation

I've been absent from my blog for  very good reasons. The first is that my blood pressure can't stand another viewing or sound bite from McCain/Palin. Their personal attack mode of campaigning is giving me at least 20 points on systolic AND diastolic. I can't talk about it. Kittens, I need to talk about kittens, or maybe bunnies or birdies. 

The second reason is that I need to be writing other things: short stories, poems, essays, something that might make a buck. Well, that's stretching it. They make, at most, a few cents a word these days. Besides, everyone's watching TV instead. Or texting. Or arguing about politics. 

The third is that I need to be outside more. I'm getting a permanent slump from hanging over the keyboard. It can't be from looming osteoporosis. I take calcium and D for that. 

And the last reason is that I'm obsessed with genealogy. I spend  hours chasing dead people on Ancestry.com. When I found my birth family, that hideous switch was turned on in my brain that dictates I MUST know my roots. I've gotten all the way back to 1637 with one branch. It leads to Barbados. That's it! I need to go to Barbados. 

Somebody get me an absentee ballot and book me a flight!

No comments: